Organizations across the world are rapidly adopting expansion strategies and tactics that allow them to scale to levels that we previously thought unreachable. While the expansion is certainly a good thing, it also introduces a challenge that many enterprises are presently struggling with.
How do you unify everyone to work together efficiently?
As it turns out, the answer is to work on a platform that integrates with all the applications and systems that you need. However, creating and managing this platform requires lots of work.
We’re here to show you what it takes to create the ultimate enterprise collaboration platform for your enterprise. So let’s get started.
What We’ll Cover:
- Why Do Enterprises Need a Collaboration Platform?
- How Can an Enterprise Secure Its Communications?
- The Importance of Video Conferencing
- Unifying Your Communication Platforms
- How to Optimize the Enterprise Collaboration Experience
Why Do Enterprises Need a Collaboration Platform?
First, a brief clarification – what does a collaboration platform cover? As a whole, we’re talking about a combination of:
- Voice systems (such as VoIP solutions and POTS lines)
- Video conferencing applications
- Instant chat applications
- Texting integrations
- Web communication functions
- Email integrations and applications
Years ago, it was enough for most organizations to have a solid phone system as a communication cornerstone. However, modern needs have advanced considerably. Strategic communications platforms unify enterprises and drive collaboration internally and externally – that is, with staff and clients alike.
Collaboration options include on-premise, cloud (hosted) or hybrid models. Many organizations look to these communication and collaboration practices as a business differentiator. Organizations that maintain the status quo and fear upgrading will struggle for long-term success.
In short, when it comes to unified communications on a scalable platform, the little things add up to drive real value.
How Can an Enterprise Secure Its Communications?
Many enterprise-level organizations will place the highest priority on the security aspect of each and every potential communication and collaboration solution – and the numbers show that they’re absolutely right to.
For enterprises, the average cost of a data breach of 1 million compromised records is nearly $40 million dollars. But how can your organization grow its communications platform without sacrificing security?
For starters, you’ll want to research the risks that your enterprise may run into when upgrading your communications platform. That includes being prepared with your internal staff, having the right equipment in place, understanding the capabilities of the software you want, and more.
Secondly, you must create robust security policies before the wide-scale implementation of any solution. That way, you can prepare your users and your IT infrastructure with the security best practices that you need to keep your data secure.
Finally, you’ll want to continually update your collaboration platform to keep it updated and secure from being exploited. If you’re looking for a more detailed explanation on how to secure your business communications, you can always turn to our guide for a starting point.
The Importance of Video Conferencing
Video conferencing has become a pivotal part of any modern enterprise collaboration platform. It offers organizations another option to reduce expenses, save time, and improve client relationships.
“90% of executives say they need better strategies and policies to ensure they are making the most effective choices in providers of video conferencing and video calling.”
Of course, those are only a few of the benefits of enterprise video conferencing.
Despite the benefits, there are still challenges to consider for enterprises using video conferencing. Ask yourself the following:
- How can your organization find and deploy the perfect video conferencing solution for your needs?
- How can you secure video calls to ensure adequate enterprise-level protection?
- Does your existing collaboration software integrate with this application for a seamless unified communication experience? If not, how much work will it take to get it there?
Once you solve the challenges of implementation, video conferencing adds another essential (and flexible) facet of your collaboration strategy.
Unifying Your Communication Platforms
A large part of creating a cohesive collaboration platform is successfully merging each component of your communications platform into one. You’ve probably heard of this before as “unified communications,” or UC.
UC is a powerful business driver when strategically implemented on the client-facing side.
Think about it this way: If you’re a customer interacting with a business or brand, you’re going to want to have a seamless communication experience. So if your organization has an omni-channel UC approach, you’re introducing a flexible, customizable, and trackable experience that works for all kinds of customers.
Internally, unifying your communication platforms offers your organization a better way to parse vast volumes of information and messages that are passed around each day. Why? Because an effective UC platform can cut down on redundant messages and make sure that you’re seeing the messages that you need to see in order to get your work done.
Implemented on a large scale, it can have a massive impact on the structure and efficiency of an enterprise. As far as potential applications, there are many options – so be sure to research which fits your organization the best.
How to Optimize the Enterprise Collaboration Experience
Once you’ve got all the pieces of the enterprise collaboration puzzle assembled, you’re ready to optimize. First off, start by asking yourself this:
What makes a great enterprise collaboration experience?
Depending on the focus and scope of your enterprise, your answer may vary from that of others. For this reason, you must focus on improving adoption rates of your collaboration solution among users through the following:
- Ensure widespread compatibility – You’ll want to focus your efforts on getting your applications and integrations working on a variety of different devices. The greater the compatibility, the better the end user experience and the more productive your staff will become.
- Train and empower – To truly see the ROI from a collaboration platform, you’ll want to ensure that your internal IT department focuses on both training and demonstrating the value of the applications within it.
- Track and analyze – The most successful organizations constantly look for what’s working and what isn’t. That behavior also makes sense for your collaboration platform. Be sure to analyze the effectiveness and usage of your applications and platform to make changes as necessary.
“Collaboration styles or apps that used to be available on PCs are going to be transferred or need to be transferred to the mobile environment.”
Partnering With an Enterprise Collaboration Expert
Collaboration in the enterprise is more important today than ever before. There’s no limit to what an organization can achieve when their communications and collaboration solutions are optimized and aligned.
That’s where Greyson comes in. We design, deliver and operate our voice and collaboration platform services and solutions with care.
- Custom business communication security infrastructure
- Voice, video, and data integrations on custom platforms
- Full integration of collaboration applications with any device, anytime, anywhere
- Solution design and implementation
- 24/7/365 Managed Services
- Real people – local – ready to help!
With our team of highly certified professionals, you’ll have all the support you need, at all hours of the day.
Call us today to find learn more about Greyson’s ability to help you build the ultimate enterprise collaboration platform.