Greyson Technologies is an IT service company. We help our clients design the best solution to meet their technology needs, deliver the changes through smooth and predictable project management, then support their ongoing operations. As a Project Manager with Greyson, you will be the connection between our clients and our internal team of engineers and account managers. You are the primary contact for stakeholders and will own the management of multiple projects at a time. This includes preparing work breakdown structures, leading kick-off meetings, gathering status updates, clearing obstacles, scheduling outage windows and upgrade dates, and ensuring that client outcomes are met.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Projects range in duration and complexity. You will be supported by a highly-skilled technical team internally but will need to speak the language of IT architecture.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Lead meetings with clients, in-person and remote
- Find solutions for obstacles related to scheduling, client time management, and third-party coordination
- Capture risks and issues and communicate them to all parties
- Manage multiple projects at a time
- Keep project documentation up-to-date
- Create proposals to support Account Managers
- Review and approve team timesheets
This position is a combination of interpersonal leadership tasks (leading meetings, coordinating teams, keeping communication lines clear) and consistent documentation (updating project docs, reviewing timesheets, ensuring client billing is accurate and current). The right candidate can switch between these tasks seamlessly and excels in both parts of the job.
The right candidate thrives in a small company environment where all hands pitch in and help whenever needed. You will wear many hats, take on one-off support tasks, and will have a strong voice in the development of project management services as we grow the department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience with creating presentations and customer documents
- Experience coordinating all activities associated within assigned projects to ensure proper ownership, responsibility and accountability for work efforts
- Excellent judgement and the ability to make project decisions
- Ability to define and verbalize the outcome-based goals of a project and its benefits to the corporation.
- Ability to provide vision of the project to all team members and establish mutual understanding across teams.
- Experience with taking meeting minutes, conducting status reports and status meetings
- Proven history of professionalism with excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation and time management skills
- Must be able to work nonstandard hours, nights, weekends and/or holidays when needed
- Must be able to travel between regional sites as requested
- Experience with recognized industry techniques for Project Management methodologies
- Ability to adapt standard processes to meet client and company needs
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations
- Ability to build and maintain relationships by engaging project leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Proven track record of being a strong team player with a results-oriented attitude
Greyson Technologies Offers
- Base salary and incentive-based compensation
- Comprehensive benefits plan including medical/dental/vision, 401K, paid vacations and more
- Ongoing training
- A fun, fast-paced team environment
- Resume and cover letter can be emailed to email@example.com