Updated: March 23, 2020
How is Greyson addressing the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic?
Greyson is continuing to monitor the situation closely and following the guidance of the CDC and state government officials. We are a 100% remote-enabled organization. As such, all employees have the ability to securely telecommute from the comfort of their home offices. Rest assured our remote workers follow the same security measures as required in our offices.
The applications and tools that we rely on for service delivery are all cloud-powered and available to us wherever we are working from. We partner with enterprise-grade, global organizations, who themselves have also been ahead of the curve in best-practices during this outbreak.
What is Greyson doing to protect its employees?
We love our team! They are the heart of our organization. These are some of the measures we’re taking today to keep them safe:
- We have provided guidance to our employees on good hygiene practices.
- We are following self-quarantine guidelines published by the CDC and World Health Organization (WHO).
- We are not requiring any employees to work from any of our office locations. Rather, we are encouraging our employees to use collaboration technology to work remotely wherever possible, including customer meetings and support.
- We are limiting the movement of employees across our offices as a means of “social distancing”, should they choose to work from one of our office locations.
- We have restricted travel to only essential business travel. Any travel needs or requests will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Any employees feeling ill have been asked to stay home and seek medical assistance if necessary.
How is the COVID-19 outbreak impacting supply chain operations?
Our supply chain operations are currently operating normally. Our team is in constant communication with our supply chain to monitor any potential impact on lead times and delivery to our clients. While many suppliers report minimal disruption associated with the virus, the situation is fluid. If you have specific questions about an order, please reach out to your Account Manager to discuss the details of the order in question.
Are Greyson offices open?
Yes, Greyson offices throughout Florida remain operational at this time. Our Fort Lauderdale headquarters will remain open under Broward County’s Emergency Order 20-01. We continue to practice social distancing measures and are taking extra precautions to ensure our offices are appropriately cleaned and disinfected.
What is Greyson Managed Services doing?
Greyson Managed Services operations continue to run smoothly. Our infrastructure allows for employees and engineers to work from home securely and seamlessly. We control all aspects of our workspaces, including connectivity, and have the systems and governance to monitor productivity regardless of physical location.
What are the key items our organization should consider as we go into a business continuity scenario?
There are several items to consider at a time like this.
- Identify what users, applications ,and equipment are required to keep your business running.
- Determine how users will connect to those applications in a remote work scenario
- Identify how employees will effectively communicate with each other.
- Determine the need for any additional security controls
- User connectivity at home: the bandwidth and internet speed of your remote workers are important items to consider, especially as more organizations and schools move to a remote model.
Our organization needs to move to a remote model as soon as possible. What are some of our options?
Learn about our Remote Work Solutions here.
Are there any other collaboration tools available to my team other than Cisco Webex?
Yes. There are many quality collaboration tools at your disposal, many of them are currently providing free offerings to help organizations during this time. Please reach out to any one of us here at Greyson and we will guide you through those options.
We are already a Webex customer. Are there options available to us if we need to expand our collaboration capabilities?
Absolutely. Here are some of the offerings Cisco has put in place:
- For Enterprise Agreement Meetings subscriptions: Cisco will allow an additional 20% to be provisioned for Webex Meetings and Webex Teams at no additional charge during waiver period
- For Active User Meeting subscriptions: Cisco will not factor an increase in the number of Active Users in determining the Average Active Users during the waiver period.
- For Named User subscriptions: Cisco will allow customers to expand their license count by 20% for a 90-day period during the waiver period (Waiver period runs from February 1, 2020 to May 31, 2020).
After 90 days, the admin can remove the users from the control hub with no impact to the billing or invoicing.
My team is new to Webex. Are there any resources available to help get end users trained and up to speed?
Yes! Cisco has free online classes available to help you get the most out of all that Webex has to offer. Check them out here.
There is a lot to consider here, can Greyson help?
Definitely! Greyson is here to help, and we know this space well. Please use the form below to get assistance.