Consulate Health Care selects Greyson Technologies as a trusted partner to design, test and deploy dynamic solutions from the Data Center to the network edge.
CLIENT CASE STUDY
Customer:Consulate Health Care
Centers:200+ in 21 states
Consulate Health Care is a national leading provider of senior healthcare services, specializing in post-acute care. Operating more than 200 centers nationwide in 21 states, we offer services ranging from short-term transitional care to Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
Since its formation as Tandem Health Care in 1997, with one center in Cheswick, PA, our mission remains “Providing Service with Our Hearts and Hands”, which guides us in everything we do. In 2006, Consulate Health Care grew to more than 75 centers in 6 states, but it was the 2012 expansion that merged more than 120 centers into the Consulate Health Care family, allowing the company to care for more residents and patients than ever before, and today, serve as one of the industry’s top employers.
- 24-hour skilled nursing care
- Comprehensive post-acute care
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Discharge planning program
- Long-term care services
- Alzheimer’s and dementia care
- Care for medically-complex patients
“Consulate is investing in solutions that give our IT staff the tools they need to maintain a viable and secure network, augment the infrastructure to support telehealth applications, and make the most of our centralized management of all IT resources and assets. Greyson has helped pave that road to success.”
Mark Crandall, CIO
Consulate Health Care
GREYSON TECHNOLOGIES: “TRUST, EXPERTISE, SERVICE”
Consulate Health Care was founded on the principle of patient-centered care, so we are well poised to employ the rigorous systems of care to better understand and respond to patient needs. Consulate Health Care’s 2014 IT operating plan has focused on the infrastructure required to help our caregivers achieve the most efficiency in the coming months as we roll out our Electronic Health Record platform. That’s where Greyson Technologies has come in as a trusted partner to work with our engineers to design, test, and deploy dynamic solutions from the datacenter through the network edge.
Our engineers worked closely with Greyson to evaluate the existing datacenter and wide area network (WAN) architecture as we reviewed different platforms that would meet our business criteria. We architected a new infrastructure which would enable us to consolidate hardware platforms, increase datacenter performance, and provide higher security and business continuity. This new infrastructure:
- Enabled ease of management without the overhead of various toolsets, and increased our ability to grow while decreasing datacenter resources.
- Provided failover and carrier diversity including voice and security solutions powered by Cisco, which includes security hardware and features to support future SIP implementations.
- Offered datacenter routing continuity. Consulate already had proper carrier redundancies, but lacked the hardware to fully support the bandwidth, routing, QOS, and automated continuity.
- Provided 24 x 7 x 365 preventive WAN monitoring and response, which was a distraction for a small staff of network engineers tasked with forward-thinking growth plans for Consulate. After working with various MNS providers and receiving less than optimal service, we chose Greyson’s MNS. Greyson’s NOC services proactively monitor and manage our WAN endpoints and corporate-wide Cisco Call Manager system.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN TO CONSULATE?
- Increased application performance and improved user experience, along with reduced engineering management time.
- A reduction in the time it takes to implement a chassis environment from one week to two days and reduced data center environmental consumption.
- The MNS provided by Greyson converted our response to WAN node outages from reactive to proactive, increased the viability of our network, and reduced the workload on our network engineering staff.
- Greyson‘s solutions brought uniformity to our network and stabilized our WAN communications and continuity.